Spring 2020 Status Update – April 7th
Currently, the Tennessee State Soccer Association (TSSA) and US Youth Soccer (USYS) have both set a *tentative* return to play date of May 1st, 2020. Likewise, this matches up with the current City of Gallatin mandate in regards to no organized, sanctioned play in the city parks until AFTER April 30th.
Gallatin Soccer Club has, and continues, to hold out hope in being able to play soccer in some capacity this Spring season. We know that all are struggling in these unprecedented times and feel that the return to athletic events will be a therapeutic return to normalcy for players and parents alike. However, we also acknowledge that we cannot continue to push back dates with no end in sight. Therefore, in an effort to get families information that they can plan around, the GSC Board of Directors has come up with the following contingencies for play and cancellation that sets dates that families can plan around.
1) IF given clearance for a safe return to play within the first week of May, GSC WILL work to play a 6-7 game schedule on a compressed timeline in May. If able to play, it may become necessary to modify games and schedule:
– Flexibility of play dates including evening games or double-header days
– Possible modification of game lengths if necessary to accomodate schedule
– Reduction or elimination of practice days, especially prior to first game
– Possible modification or elimination of tournament play
2) If at any time between now and then, the timeline for return to play is pushed further back by TSSA, USYS, or the City of Gallatin, then GSC will unfortunately be forced to cancel the Spring 2020 season and begin processing the necessary credits and/or refunds.
However, if the decision to cancel is one that must be made, we do ask everyone to please understand that Gallatin Soccer Club is a non-profit volunteer run organization which purchases and maintains ALL of the Goals, Nets, Corner Flags, etc that are used for play. A significant investment was made in goals and nets for the Spring 2020 season. While we hope to avoid the scenario, it could be possible that GSC requests families, to accept future season credit in lieu of refund when at all possible.