Our GSC Lady Rangers 11 girls team wrapped up their Fall season by qualifying for the Tennessee State Soccer Association’s U12 Girls Division 3 State Cup. Finishing as State Finalist still capped off a fantastic season for this group. Way to go Lady Rangers!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
GSC Lady Rangers 08 – State Finalists
Our GSC Lady Rangers 08 girls team wrapped up their Spring season with a trip to the Tennessee State Soccer Association’s U13 Girls Division 3 State Cup. They defeated the tournament #1 seed in the Semi-Finals to advance for a chance at the Championship. They came up just short in the Finals, falling to the Germantown Legends 08 White girls 0-1. Finishing as State Finalist still capped off a fantastic season for this group. Way to go Lady Rangers!
Bash in the Boro Finalists
Chattanooga RiverFest Champions!
Our GSC Rangers 03 and GSC Lady Rangers 08 teams traveled to the Chattanooga RiverFest tournament this past weekend with both teams going undefeated and bringing home the Championship in their respective divisions. Great job Rangers!!
Soccer Showdown Finalists
Our GSC Lady Rangers 11 team traveled to the Alabama Soccer Showdown tournament this past weekend and came back with Finalist medals! Congratulations players and coaches!
Spring 2020 Season Status – Final Update
The Gallatin Soccer Club Board of Directors had a meeting on the evening of Friday, April 17th and at that time elected to CANCEL the Spring 2020 Recreational Soccer Season. It is with heavy hearts and regret that we come to this decision. As a club, we continued to hold out hope that we would be able to provide our players and parents with some form of soccer for the Spring. However, continued uncertainty around state and local requirements along with a new return to play date of May 15th as set by USYS and TSSA, simply makes it not feasible.
Given this, GSC can offer two options to players:
1) Carry Over – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – By default, Gallatin Soccer Club is going to AUTOMATICALLY carry forward all player registrations to the fall season. This means that if you are playing in the Fall 2020 season YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, we will do all of the work of moving the player registration to the new season. You will get FULL CREDIT for the Fall season EVEN IF there is a change to registration prices. GSC knows that the vast majority of our players return and play season after season, therefore we have made this the simpler default option. For those carrying their registration forward who have NOT yet picked up their uniform, you will be able to do so at a later date.
2) Refund (partial) – We do understand that there may be a few players that cannot return in the Fall. Those players/parents may choose a refund of registration fees MINUS $5. Unfortunately, GSC had already invested several thousand dollars into the Spring 2020 season in the form of fees, services, equipment, and other capital outlay. We are doing our best to not pass along all of those expenses, but a small amount per player was unavoidable. Also, note that we cannot offer a refund for any uniform that was already picked up. However, for those that request a refund and had NOT already picked up their uniform, the uniform fee will be included in the refund. For any player that wishes to choose a refund, you must request the refund using the web form at the link below:
- ALL refund requests MUST use the on-line form and be received by Midnight, Friday, May 8th.
- Note, all refunds requests must be validated and processed manually. If any information provided does NOT match what we have in the system it will delay the processing of any refunds.
- If you registered more than one player in the Spring and you wish to request a refund, you must submit the form once FOR EACH PLAYER THAT YOU WISH REFUNDED.
GSC looks forward to seeing our players as soon as possible and sincerely hope that the vast majority of our players will simply take advantage of us carrying forward their registration to the Fall 2020 season so that we can provide the season paid for. We are also investigating the possibility of a summer WELCOME BACK event, but do not have any details as of this time.
Spring 2020 Status Update – April 7th
Spring 2020 Status Update – April 7th
Currently, the Tennessee State Soccer Association (TSSA) and US Youth Soccer (USYS) have both set a *tentative* return to play date of May 1st, 2020. Likewise, this matches up with the current City of Gallatin mandate in regards to no organized, sanctioned play in the city parks until AFTER April 30th.
Gallatin Soccer Club has, and continues, to hold out hope in being able to play soccer in some capacity this Spring season. We know that all are struggling in these unprecedented times and feel that the return to athletic events will be a therapeutic return to normalcy for players and parents alike. However, we also acknowledge that we cannot continue to push back dates with no end in sight. Therefore, in an effort to get families information that they can plan around, the GSC Board of Directors has come up with the following contingencies for play and cancellation that sets dates that families can plan around.
1) IF given clearance for a safe return to play within the first week of May, GSC WILL work to play a 6-7 game schedule on a compressed timeline in May. If able to play, it may become necessary to modify games and schedule:
– Flexibility of play dates including evening games or double-header days
– Possible modification of game lengths if necessary to accomodate schedule
– Reduction or elimination of practice days, especially prior to first game
– Possible modification or elimination of tournament play
2) If at any time between now and then, the timeline for return to play is pushed further back by TSSA, USYS, or the City of Gallatin, then GSC will unfortunately be forced to cancel the Spring 2020 season and begin processing the necessary credits and/or refunds.
However, if the decision to cancel is one that must be made, we do ask everyone to please understand that Gallatin Soccer Club is a non-profit volunteer run organization which purchases and maintains ALL of the Goals, Nets, Corner Flags, etc that are used for play. A significant investment was made in goals and nets for the Spring 2020 season. While we hope to avoid the scenario, it could be possible that GSC requests families, to accept future season credit in lieu of refund when at all possible.
GSC 2019 Summer 3v3 Registration NOW OPEN!!
Registration for our 2019 Summer 3v3 Tournament “Under The Lights” is now OPEN!! Visit our TOURNAMENT PAGE for rules and registration information.
The tournament has filled up each of the last two seasons so get registered early. You can also take advantage of a $25 early bird registration discount.
3v3 Tournament Date for 2019
The date is set for the 2019 Gallatin Soccer Club 3v3 Tournament Under The Lights at Triple Creek Park. Get your teams together and mark your calendar to join us on Saturday, July 6th for another night of 3v3 soccer action.
Make sure to check the TOURNAMENT PAGE for updates!!
Street Skills Academy
Dear Soccer Players and Parents,
We would like to inform you that Darren Laver from the Street Skills Academy will be delivering 6 fun, skill-based training sessions this fall/winter:
The Street Skill Academy
The Street Skills Academy is not like your usual soccer coaching. This 6 session program is about developing skill, creativity and the ability to perform in 1 v 1 and 3 v 3 situations. Our mission is not only to show players what it takes to be a truly great player, but to allow players to fall in love with the beautiful game. The program is all about creating an optimal learning environment where players can learn to express themselves in a non-judgmental atmosphere; these are the key attributes that all great clubs adopt throughout Europe. As part of the program we teach the players how to play in small areas, tight situations and be truly immersed in their learning, improving their decision making, their speed of thought and speed of play. Players will leave the program becoming inspired and motivated to enjoy the game of soccer.
Coach Darren Laver
Englishman Darren “Flave” Laver, an internationally renowned “street soccer” player who is featured in the EA Sports FIFA Street video game, brings his unique skills training program to the States…
Darren is recognized as one of the leading Street Soccer coaches and soccer skill performers in the world. He has provided his soccer skills training program to many professional academies throughout Europe and now provides his training expertise throughout Tennessee as a ‘Technical Consultant’ for the TN State Soccer Association. In 2011, all of his achievements led him to being voted Best Street Soccer Player in the United Kingdom and he was selected to be one of 24 star players featured in the EA Sports FIFA Street Video Game (2012).
Details are as follows:
1. November 5th
2. November 12th
3. November 19th
4. November 26th
5. December 3rd
6. December 10th
• 5 pm – 6 pm (U8 – U10)
• 6 pm – 7 pm (U11 – U13)
• 7 pm – 8 pm (U14 – plus)
Cost – $95
Gallatin First Church of the Nazarene
407 N Water Ave, Gallatin, TN 37066
Register NOW at streetskillsclinics.com to confirm your place
SPACE IS LIMITED