We are excited to be offering a new U8 Academy program run by our GSC Rangers coaches and staff. This is going to be a wonderful opportunity for our U8 recreational players to be able to get some great additional instruction and skill work from our US Soccer Federation licensed Rangers coaches.
This will be a 6 week program with sessions taking place on Friday nights starting March 26th and running through April 30th. These sessions will focus on individual player skill with the ball. Best of all, this is being offered FREE to any player in our U8 recreational division!!!
Our GSC Rangers 06 boys completed a fantastic fall season, wrapping it up with a win in the Tennessee State Soccer Association’s U15 Boys Division 3 State Cup Finals to bring Gallatin Soccer Club its first TSSA State Championship! Well deserved for all of their hard work. A HUGE congratulations to coaches Jordan Sharp and Matthew Anderson along with all of the GSC Rangers 06 players.
Our GSC Rangers 03 and GSC Lady Rangers 08 teams traveled to the Chattanooga RiverFest tournament this past weekend with both teams going undefeated and bringing home the Championship in their respective divisions. Great job Rangers!!
Our GSC Lady Rangers 11 team traveled to the Alabama Soccer Showdown tournament this past weekend and came back with Finalist medals! Congratulations players and coaches!
The Gallatin Soccer Club Board of Directors had a meeting on the evening of Friday, April 17th and at that time elected to CANCEL the Spring 2020 Recreational Soccer Season. It is with heavy hearts and regret that we come to this decision. As a club, we continued to hold out hope that we would be able to provide our players and parents with some form of soccer for the Spring. However, continued uncertainty around state and local requirements along with a new return to play date of May 15th as set by USYS and TSSA, simply makes it not feasible.
Given this, GSC can offer two options to players:
1) Carry Over – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – By default, Gallatin Soccer Club is going to AUTOMATICALLY carry forward all player registrations to the fall season. This means that if you are playing in the Fall 2020 season YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, we will do all of the work of moving the player registration to the new season. You will get FULL CREDIT for the Fall season EVEN IF there is a change to registration prices. GSC knows that the vast majority of our players return and play season after season, therefore we have made this the simpler default option. For those carrying their registration forward who have NOT yet picked up their uniform, you will be able to do so at a later date.
2) Refund (partial) – We do understand that there may be a few players that cannot return in the Fall. Those players/parents may choose a refund of registration fees MINUS $5. Unfortunately, GSC had already invested several thousand dollars into the Spring 2020 season in the form of fees, services, equipment, and other capital outlay. We are doing our best to not pass along all of those expenses, but a small amount per player was unavoidable. Also, note that we cannot offer a refund for any uniform that was already picked up. However, for those that request a refund and had NOT already picked up their uniform, the uniform fee will be included in the refund. For any player that wishes to choose a refund, you must request the refund using the web form at the link below:
- ALL refund requests MUST use the on-line form and be received by Midnight, Friday, May 8th.
- Note, all refunds requests must be validated and processed manually. If any information provided does NOT match what we have in the system it will delay the processing of any refunds.
- If you registered more than one player in the Spring and you wish to request a refund, you must submit the form once FOR EACH PLAYER THAT YOU WISH REFUNDED.
GSC looks forward to seeing our players as soon as possible and sincerely hope that the vast majority of our players will simply take advantage of us carrying forward their registration to the Fall 2020 season so that we can provide the season paid for. We are also investigating the possibility of a summer WELCOME BACK event, but do not have any details as of this time.
Spring 2020 Status Update – April 7th
Currently, the Tennessee State Soccer Association (TSSA) and US Youth Soccer (USYS) have both set a *tentative* return to play date of May 1st, 2020. Likewise, this matches up with the current City of Gallatin mandate in regards to no organized, sanctioned play in the city parks until AFTER April 30th.
Gallatin Soccer Club has, and continues, to hold out hope in being able to play soccer in some capacity this Spring season. We know that all are struggling in these unprecedented times and feel that the return to athletic events will be a therapeutic return to normalcy for players and parents alike. However, we also acknowledge that we cannot continue to push back dates with no end in sight. Therefore, in an effort to get families information that they can plan around, the GSC Board of Directors has come up with the following contingencies for play and cancellation that sets dates that families can plan around.
1) IF given clearance for a safe return to play within the first week of May, GSC WILL work to play a 6-7 game schedule on a compressed timeline in May. If able to play, it may become necessary to modify games and schedule:
– Flexibility of play dates including evening games or double-header days
– Possible modification of game lengths if necessary to accomodate schedule
– Reduction or elimination of practice days, especially prior to first game
– Possible modification or elimination of tournament play
2) If at any time between now and then, the timeline for return to play is pushed further back by TSSA, USYS, or the City of Gallatin, then GSC will unfortunately be forced to cancel the Spring 2020 season and begin processing the necessary credits and/or refunds.
However, if the decision to cancel is one that must be made, we do ask everyone to please understand that Gallatin Soccer Club is a non-profit volunteer run organization which purchases and maintains ALL of the Goals, Nets, Corner Flags, etc that are used for play. A significant investment was made in goals and nets for the Spring 2020 season. While we hope to avoid the scenario, it could be possible that GSC requests families, to accept future season credit in lieu of refund when at all possible.
Registration for our 2019 Summer 3v3 Tournament “Under The Lights” is now OPEN!! Visit our TOURNAMENT PAGE for rules and registration information.
The tournament has filled up each of the last two seasons so get registered early. You can also take advantage of a $25 early bird registration discount.
The date is set for the 2019 Gallatin Soccer Club 3v3 Tournament Under The Lights at Triple Creek Park. Get your teams together and mark your calendar to join us on Saturday, July 6th for another night of 3v3 soccer action.
Make sure to check the TOURNAMENT PAGE for updates!!
Coaches and Parents,
Below is the schedule that will be used for making up our Week 3 games that were rained out. We have to work around referee availability, but we have done our best to ensure that each division has a chance to get their week 3 games in. Some games will be shortened as listed below to ensure that we can get games completed without keeping teams too late for weeknight games. A downloadable and printable version of the make-up schedule is available HERE.
KR – 10 min halves (unchanged)
U6 – 6 min quarters
U8 – 6 min quarters
U10 – 20 min halves
U12 – 25 min halves
U15 – 25 min halves
GSC Families, due to some needed renovation changes and construction that will be taking place inside the GSC concession stand, it is going to be CLOSED for the duration of the Spring 2019 season. However, GSC has been working with vendors who will be coming to our games to offer our families food and drink options while that construction is under way.
- Randy’s Doghouse will be there to offer his GRILLED hotdogs / polish sausages with all the fixins (grilled onions and peppers, jalapenos, etc) along with chips, water, and soft drinks. In addition, he will also be offering other popular sports concession items like Gatorades, Hot Chocolate (outside temps dependent), select candy items, and MORE! Randy has been at our Summer 3v3 Under The Lights Tournament the past 2 years and has always been a fan favorite.
Kona Ice, which is ALWAYS A HUGE HIT with the kids, has agreed to be at our games most weekends. Flavor your own Groovy Grape, Tiger’s Blood, or other favorite Kona Ice flavor shaved ice after (or BEFORE!!) your game.
These vendors will be offering concessions selections throughout the game day, INCLUDING moving to the upper fields for afternoon games. This is a welcome PLUS for our U12 and U15 players, coaches, and parents!!
PLEASE NOTE this means that we will NOT be able to offer the TEAM SNACK deals. We recommend that any teams, coaches, or parents wanting to provide team wide snacks (chips, cookies, oranges, etc) plan to bring those to the field with them instead of relying on purchasing them at the park.