The Gallatin Soccer Club Board of Directors had a meeting on the evening of Friday, April 17th and at that time elected to CANCEL the Spring 2020 Recreational Soccer Season. It is with heavy hearts and regret that we come to this decision. As a club, we continued to hold out hope that we would be able to provide our players and parents with some form of soccer for the Spring. However, continued uncertainty around state and local requirements along with a new return to play date of May 15th as set by USYS and TSSA, simply makes it not feasible.
Given this, GSC can offer two options to players:
1) Carry Over – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – By default, Gallatin Soccer Club is going to AUTOMATICALLY carry forward all player registrations to the fall season. This means that if you are playing in the Fall 2020 season YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, we will do all of the work of moving the player registration to the new season. You will get FULL CREDIT for the Fall season EVEN IF there is a change to registration prices. GSC knows that the vast majority of our players return and play season after season, therefore we have made this the simpler default option. For those carrying their registration forward who have NOT yet picked up their uniform, you will be able to do so at a later date.
2) Refund (partial) – We do understand that there may be a few players that cannot return in the Fall. Those players/parents may choose a refund of registration fees MINUS $5. Unfortunately, GSC had already invested several thousand dollars into the Spring 2020 season in the form of fees, services, equipment, and other capital outlay. We are doing our best to not pass along all of those expenses, but a small amount per player was unavoidable. Also, note that we cannot offer a refund for any uniform that was already picked up. However, for those that request a refund and had NOT already picked up their uniform, the uniform fee will be included in the refund. For any player that wishes to choose a refund, you must request the refund using the web form at the link below:
- ALL refund requests MUST use the on-line form and be received by Midnight, Friday, May 8th.
- Note, all refunds requests must be validated and processed manually. If any information provided does NOT match what we have in the system it will delay the processing of any refunds.
- If you registered more than one player in the Spring and you wish to request a refund, you must submit the form once FOR EACH PLAYER THAT YOU WISH REFUNDED.
GSC looks forward to seeing our players as soon as possible and sincerely hope that the vast majority of our players will simply take advantage of us carrying forward their registration to the Fall 2020 season so that we can provide the season paid for. We are also investigating the possibility of a summer WELCOME BACK event, but do not have any details as of this time.